|chibirisuchan (chibirisuchan) wrote,|
@ 2009-01-17 21:18:00
FF7 Vocal Album...ish
So yeah, I've been a seiyuu music nut for (counts) ...just over a decade now. I have a couple hundred Japanese CDs I've collected in that time (largely when I was in Osaka and could raid the hundred-yen (i.e. about $1) used-CD stores like a crazed hyena).
I uploaded some sample songs by several of the FF7 seiyuu for Joudama. Some of them I picked because they were very in character, and some of them I picked because they were very, er, not what you'd expect. :3
Here's my general description of what's there:
* Aeris sings THE FREAKIEST SONG EVER. Listen to the tune while you're reading the lyrics, and then think about her relationship with Cloud, Zack, and Sephiroth a little. Then go OH MY GOD a lot.
* Cloud and Zack singing several duets
* Cloud gets trashed and sings karaoke at Seventh Heaven with Rude on sax
* There's a perky bouncy happy-Zack song, and there's a heartwrenching Zack song that may make more ouch if you know that Zack is also Kamui. The lyrics particularly rip you to bits if you speak Japanese. I should translate it some time, because it looks like animelyrics doesn't have it... anyhow.
* Sephiroth sings too. (The one I picked is all about eternity and obsession and a never-ending circle. Heh heh.)
* So does Kadaj. The song I picked for him is called "Unfair." (Of course it is...)
* Angeal gets COMPLETELY TRASHED and sings about his bitchy relationship with Genesis' literary pretentions. I translated the lyrics over here.
* Someone also gets him stoned out of his gourd and sets him loose with a ukulele. (This one is even funnier if you think about some of Genesis' jealousy issues. I translated the lyrics here.)
* Of course, I also put a couple serious Angeal songs up there because Inoue Kazuhiko was my first seiyuu addiction and it's my upload folder. Lyrics to one, I never got around to translating the other.
* Rufus is terribly good at oozing. Someone translated it here, please pardon their Engrish a bit.
* All the Turks have solos (except Rude). Some of the highlights include Tseng's incredibly bitter Wutai rap, Elena swinging like nobody's business, and Reno being completely devil-may-care ("even now the world keeps on going round and round, unstoppably..." I should translate this sometime too, because it looks like nobody at AL has yet.)
* Yuffie. Rumba. 'Nough said. :)
XDDD maybe more later, dunno... have fun listening and breaking your brains!